KAMA – (Kenya Anglican Men Association)
Kenya Anglican Men’s Association is a Christian Men’s organization bond together by its aims and objectives. It was founded by the late Rt. Rev. George Muiru Njuguna of Mt. Kenya South in 1984. Today it has spread to all Anglican Churches in Kenya. In St Joseph of Arimathea Mountain View it was started was started as soon as we got our Parish in ------ and our first Chairman was Major Chrispas Kimama. The ACK 15th Ordinary Session of the Provincial Synod meeting at all Saints Cathedral Parish Hall, Nairobi on 5th July 2001 gave its blessing to the establishment of the Kenya Anglican Men’s Association and approved the constitution of provincial KAMA. The name of the organization shall be Kenya Anglican Men’s Association.The aims and objectives of Provincial, Diocese, Parish and local church KAMA shall be the same, which are as follows:
- To promote God’s Kingdom and set forth his glory
- To help its members to grow in Spirit, mind and body and to be nurture in faith for every good work
- To encourage its members to pray an active part in the mission of the church.
- To promote Christian principles in national, civil and community life.
- To encourage its members to undertake acts of Christian service for the distressed disadvantaged or disabled.
- To encourage its members to use their resources in supporting the work of the church at all levels.
- To encourage Anglican Lay Men and Women to play a positive role as Christians in the Political, Social and Economic life of the nation.
- To Honour the institution of marriage as ordained by God and promote Christian family values.
- To promote Christian fellowship, love and unity in the church and the society and to promote spiritual enthusiasm among is members.