The Mothers’ Union is a Christian Organization of the Anglican Communion which has spread to many parts of the world.
The Mothers’ Union of the Anglican Church of Kenya is affiliated to the Mothers’ Union Worldwide and operates under the guidance of the Archbishop and the Diocesan Bishops.
Aims and objectives
- The aim
The advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life
- The purpose
To be especially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family
- The objectives
- To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding;
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church;
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians, united in prayer, worship and service;
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children;
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
- The promises
As a member of the Mothers Union I promise by God’s grace
- To confess the faith of Christ crucified and to continue to be His faithful soldier and servant to my life’s end
- To uphold and support the objects of the Mothers’ Union by word and action;
- To try to plan my life to include worship in church, prayer and Bible teaching
‘I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,’ Philippians 4:13.